Technology has gone far beyond the hill; it transforms the HR landscape daily. Recruiting automation is an example of how business technology is transforming the hiring process. The process of recruitment is both laborious and time-consuming. But automation makes the tedious recruitment process more accessible, efficient, and effective.
What is Recruitment Automation?
Recruiting automation involves utilizing advanced software and technology to delegate everyday HR tasks. It can enhance the high-volume recruitment process and will aid you in making the process more efficient for everyone involved. An automated recruitment system includes actions that span the following core areas of the recruitment cycle:
- Sourcing: Programmatic recruitment ads are automatically uploaded to targeted websites based on job requirements.
- Pre-screening: Automatically short listing candidates and removing unqualified ones using automated resume scrapers and keyword analyzers.
- Screening: Automating reference and background checks or switching candidate profiles and statuses based on new data and skill test results.
- Communication: Automatically send emails or messages to candidates when they apply, qualify for the next round of screening, or are eliminated from consideration—scheduling interviews and sending reminders to team members and candidates.
- On boarding: The hand-off of recent hire orientation or financial documents can be automated so that nothing falls through the cracks.
- Talent pipelining: ATS or CRM can routinely re-analyze inactive applicants in the database to determine if anybody now fits the profile for current or future job openings.
Why do you need Recruitment automation?
As you can probably visualize, automating your most repetitious and time-consuming tasks brings a slew of benefits to your overall hiring process. Here are some primary benefits of implementing an automated recruitment system.
Evade bottlenecks in the recruitment cycle
By automating your everyday recruitment tasks, you can ensure that you never have a backlog of work. This is essential if you work as a recruiter for a high-turnover industry. The primary factor of inefficient recruitment is lengthy delays in moving talents through the pipeline. Automation can assist in preventing these crises by ensuring that all the most important but simple tasks aren’t piling up somewhere.
Onboard the potential and not just for skills
Of course, when your hiring team is liberated from their tedious tasks, they have much more time to engage and network age and network with top talent available. Instead of the hunt for the ideal candidate, you must look for the right attitude to become an incredible cultural fit. The candidate may or may not have the needed skills, but if they want to learn, they will. Focus on finding and engaging with high-potential candidates who will make a real difference in the organization.
Reactivate candidates to fill the talent pipeline
The applicant tracking system in recruitment automation provides valuable candidate data that can and should be mined for hidden gems when new openings arise. Automated recruitment systems can regularly, at scheduled times, scrape your current database for qualified candidates who fit for a current or future job opening.
Enhance candidate experience
By assuring that all vital touch points are covered, automated solutions can ensure that every applicant, no matter what the outcome, gains a solid candidate experience. And maintaining an excellent candidate experience also contributes to a significant employer brand, which is essential to attracting top talent to your team.
Improve the quality of hire
The above advantages will ultimately contribute to adequate hiring results overall. As you continue to audit and enhance your approach, the overall efficiency and quality of your decision-making will continue to advance to the next level. The result is, ultimately, hiring the better candidate more frequently, with less effort than you had to put in before.
Raise workforce diversity
Last but certainly not least, automated solutions can assist in raising your diversity recruitment initiatives. Automated recruitment systems support eliminating much of the inherent human bias. Rather than reading a resume to determine if a candidate moves on to the next round, for example, automation can make that decision for you without any inherent bias.
By taking over redundant, menial tasks and delivering consistent, error-free output, an automated recruitment system frees up company resources and preserves valuable time. Hence, recruitment automation has become a buzzword, to be precise!